Monday, November 5, 2012

Zion National Park Part 2


In case you haven't noticed the asphalt on the roads in the park are red in color.  I wonder if they get some of this red sand to mix with it.

The following are just various rock formations with their color variations in the park.
 

We took a free bus into one part of the park which is not available unless you have a special permit in which to drive your car.  It took some time to do this but was well worth the time.

This part, I think, is called the Court of the Patriarchs

This is the Temple of Sinawava

I should have "flashed" this shot of Jim to get the background clearer but I forgot about back lighting and it's effect on auto focus!

These are some wild flowers in the park.
 
 This is a scene of the Virgin River, which runs through this part of the park.

We walked about a mile and a half to see this dead end canyon.  Jim is standing in the cool waters of the river near the end of the canyon.
 

This is the walk we traveled and the rock to which I am pointing is weeping water.  I guess that is hard to tell.
 This is part of the Big Bend section of the park.  The road makes a one hundred and eighty degree, or more, turn here.  These rocks at the bottom, near Jim, looked like they had been shaped into cubes by man.

See what I mean!

Here you can see part of the bend.

These next two shots are of the bend, with mountains all around.
 

I think this is a close-up of the Temple of Sinawava again.

This is a distant shot of the Virgin River.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment