Friday, November 9, 2012

Trip Home- Salt Lake to Reno, Oct 26-27


After a delay due to weather and coach repairs, we finally pulled out of Salt Lake KOA Campground on Friday, October 26th.

Thses are the Oquirrh Mountains just west of Salt Lake City.  See the snow on them?  This is why we did not leave at the beginning of the week.  We are headed to reno and have some high mountain passes to go over.

These are lower mountains in the Oquirrh range.

We are near the south end of the Great Salt Lake so I wonder if this is a salt plant, where they extract salt from the water in the lake.  The white stuff looks like salt piles to me.

There were these stange things in the sky as we traveled.  We think they were some sort of military balloons or something.

This is a clsoe-up of the strange flying or hovering craft.

I have no idea what this is but I bet someone put out good money to some artist to create it.

This is a close-up of what I call the ball tree or is it a planet tree?  Anyone know?

These are the salt flats west of the Salt Lake.

This is Pilot Peak, a mountain all by itself in the middle of nowhere, as we travel I-80 west.

Thses are more snow-covered mountains. I am not sure where they are but probably in Nevada.

Here is another wonderful barn.

This is an ultra modern building which has covered wagons lined up in front.  Again, I do not know what it is, maybe a school or a museum.

Don't you love these old iron bridges?  I think this one is for the railroad.

I like the tunnels on I-80 as we head for Winnemucca, NV, where we will spend the night because we had to go by the Freightliner dealer in SLC when we started and this delayed us for an hour and a half.

And here we are at the Winnemucca Walmart where we crashed for the night in their parking lot.

Pretty mountains as we head toward Reno.

This farmer is really looking cold as he heads down the side road.  I like his flag on the tractor!

This is another strange sight on the side of the road!  It has a house underneath all that "brick-a-brac".
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment