Monday, November 12, 2012

Yosemite Park Part 1.5

As we traveled through the Alpine region at 10,00 feet. we enjoyed the snow scenes.  I liked this creek, below, so we stopped. 
 

I originally thought this was a wolf but then after researching it, decided it was a coyote with his winter coat.
 This is Tulomne Meadows.

Tenaya Lake was very beautiful!

I think this is some sort of raven, who did not like us being there.  He made quite a racket, much like the sound a great blue heron makes.

At Olmstead Point we hiked up the mountain and I got this shot of the Tenaya Lake with it's mountain backdrop. It was pretty incredible.

This is Jim as he and Terry hiked all the way up to the top of this mountain.

The two of them are looking over the scenery from near the top.  I have to thank my telephoto lens for this shot, 'cause I was nowhere near them!  (Fear of heights.)

This close-up of the Jeep is only beacause of the telephoto lens.

This is actually how far away I was from the Jeep.  I made it part of the way up but decided that I still had to climb down and that was scary, too!

We saw a controlled fire when we headed down toward the valley

This is our first shot of El Capitan and Half Dome.

I loved the shot of this rocky creek and the fall leaves.

I promise this was not a staged shot!  It was all natural.

This is a shot of El Capitan from the valley floor. The next day there were climbers on it, according to another tourist.

This is Bridalveil Falls.  I guess there is a bridal viel falls in nearly every state!  I know of one in NC and Utah, as well as this one.

This is a road scene of the valley floor.  Sure is pretty.  We were so lucky with having nice weather!

This is a shot of the mountains and the Ahwahnee Lodge in the valley.

Near the Ahwahnee was a field with a lot of deer.  Jim got this neat shot of these doe at attention!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment