Sunday, July 8, 2012

City Creek Canyon Ride Part 2, June 29, 2012


This marker is just a mile or so north of the water treatment plant. I do not know what it is for.  This section of the trail is much steeper with some grades as much as 9 %.  I walked the steep parts and rode the less steep parts.

This waterfall is near one of the Rotary Parks.  It is very beautiful.

This is a close-up of the previous waterfall 

This is another close-up.

 This is one of the Rotary picnic areas.

We walked down a path in the Rotary park and found this covered pavilion.  It was on a pennisula with the creeks on both sides.  It is noisy from the cascading water, but very pretty.

Here is a close-up of the pavilion.

This is one of the waterfalls on the side.

This is another waterfall.

Walter and Jim are on the trail.

Jim is holding my bike for me.

 Another shot on the trail.

This is a grotto where the water just comes out from the rock.

These rocks around the grotto were fascinating.

One of the views going up the mountain shows many rock out croppings.

This is the end lof the bike ride for City Creek Canyon.  I made it!  Phew!  It was the hardest thing I ever did!  We are at about 6200 feet.

We gained 1500 feet in 6 miles.  This is Jim, me and Walter.  We had to prove that I made it.  Going down was hard also, for me.

These butterflies were at the top of the mountain.  Pretty.

This is a view from the top of the mountain.  They had a water faucet and a bench to relax there.  There are outhouses all the way up the mountain, as well as several water fountains.  There are also many picnic tables an the way up.

These were pretty little blue flowers.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment