Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Kamloops, BC to Othello Washington, USA, Aug 29, 2009

We made it through the night by running our coach AC while the generator was on to cool everything down. We did not have it run through the night but it did get cool enough, low 70's, to sleep. We left Saturday morning to head for the good ol' USA!

I am sorry but you will have to put up with me and the fact that I love old buildings, especially those with "character". This is a little old log home just south of Kamloops. It is abandoned, sadly. I always wonder what stories these buildings would tell, if they could talk.

This is a looong old barn with some old tractors out front. I think this one is still in use. Look at the shingles. Cool, eh?


This is a scene on Rt 97 south of Kamloops. I thought it was near Monte but I may be wrong.

This is another old barn and attached buildings. I love the old wood on these buildings!

This is an old church. I am sorry about the insect blobs on some of these photos but they were very thick and unavoidable! Naturally I had to take these photos through the window as we whizzed by. Or maybe it was raindrops??? I think it was insects.
This is a side window shot and therefore the reflection! :-) This is another grand old house... or barn?
This is a Falkland Town Street Scene.
Lake View Coming south into Vernon.
More views of the lake.
Kelowna Sign
Biking & Floating on the river near Kelwona.
Lake & Cliffs near Oknagan Falls.
Vineyards south of Okanagan Falls.
Migrant Workers houses near Osoyos.
Chief Joseph's Dam, Washington, USA
Abandoned Ranch south of St Joseph's Dam on Rt 17.
Soap Lake Ephrata, Washington
This sign about Dry Falls says that it was the world's largest fall for it's time. It is now a dry waterfall.
This shows what it probably looked like.
This is another sign explaining this waterfall.
This is what it looks like today.
Here is the motorhome & Jeep in the parking lot of Dry Falls.
This is another view of Soap Lake from the south.
...and another!
and another.... pretty rugged!
and the last view of Soap Lake.

This is a rock wall near Soap Lake. It almost looks like a cave on the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment