Monday, February 4, 2013

Phoenix to El Paso, Texas, Nov. 6, 2013


We did not see much of Arizona north of Phoenix because we drove it after dark last night.  This morning we left the Phoenix Walmart and headed south on I-10 southeast through Tuscon to Las Cruses, New Mexico.  Then we went south on I-25 to El Paso.  Do you like the reflection of our motorhome in this tanker truck at 8:30 am?

These are Saguaro Cactus, if I spelled it correctly.  They have to be 100 years old before they grow an arm.

I don't know what kind of tree/bush this is but it looks like an overgrown yucca plant.

This national park is near Tuscon, but we did not have tome to stop here.  That will have to be for another trip.

This is an Arizona road scene southeast of Tuscon.

These are your typical cactii which we all see.  I do not know what they are called, either!

Here is a guy on his bike with all sorts of gear.  I admire him for traveling this way, but am glad that I am not him!

I love these old steel bridges, as you know. So this one is in Arizona.

There were several bushes in bloom in November, which I enjoyed seeing.

Another Arizona road scene with weird rock fomations.  A geologist would have a field day out here!

Arizona has many cases of red Oxide rock but this is just one scene on this rocky mountain slope.

This white stuff on the far away hills is unknown unless it is borax, similar to what they used to get out of Death Valley.

This is still Arizona, at route 191.  We did not stop here, either.

More blooming plants on Arizona or New Mexico's roadway.

I think this is New Mexico because of the orchards which are watered from the Rio Grande which runs alongside I-25 headed south to El Paso.

This is a shot of the orchard advertised above.
 

We arrived in El Paso about 4:30 that afternoon, found a Walmart which was recommended by our grandaughter, Jessica Chevrier.  We wanted this recommendation because of safety in this town which is right across the river from Mexico.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment