Monday, February 4, 2013

El Paso to Lajitas and Big Bend, Nov. 7, 2013


This is the south side of El Paso, or in other words, Mexico!  We left the Walmart at 8am & arrived at our destination at Lajitas at 4:30pm.  We headed east on I-10 to rt 90 which we took to Alpine.  From there we took Rt 118 south to Big Bend National Park, then headed west on Rt 170 to Maverick Ranch RV Resort in Lajitas.

One bad thing we noticed in the area and even in Big Bend was the air pollution.  I guess we can try to blame Mexico but who knows?  Can you see the cloud of airpollution here?

I took some shots of water towers along the way.  Well, I was out of lighthouses so water towers and bridges had to suffice.
 

I don't think this was the same guy we saw the day before.  This guy had all sorts of "stuff" on his bike including buckets and flags.  Again I admire him but do not envy him!

This scene is near McNary, Texas, where I-10 is still following the Rio Grande.

I guess we were too close to Mexico.  Even though we were in the USA, they still made us go through the homeland security checkpoint.
 

This is an old structure!

Again, we find interesting vehicles on the road.

The one truck is towing the other and both are full of "stuff".  I have no idead where they started or where they are going.  It would make an interesting story, I'll bet!

Now we are starting to see different types of Cactii.

These are some of the Big Bend mountains...more later.

This cactii are quite pretty but very sharp!

After we arrived we were able to do our laundry and see a sunset.  Cool, eh?

I think this is either a Brown Headed Cowbird or a Rusty Blackbird.  Anyone want to identify it?

This is our Passposrt America reduced rate campground in Lajitas.  It was very nice!  We carried our two bikes inside the Jeep and had the older one on the back.

The building in the background was the office.  They had a clubshouse and a pool, which was very nice.  We recommend the Maverick Ranch RV Resort in Lajitas to anyone! We stayed here 3 nights.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment