Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Mission Trip to SLC- Castle Rock Co to Salt Lake City, U

Friday morning we left Wal-Mart in Castle Rock at 6:45 am to go to Camping World. We arrived there about 7:45 am after taking I-470 West around the city. The Tecnition at Camping World could not figure out what was wrong with our refrigerator and finally decided to call Norcold, the manufacturer. As a result we found that the problem was the door switch on the right hand door. They said to put a piece of tape on the switch to hold it down, like when the door is closed, and see if that is the problem. Sure enough, that was the problem! Hoorah, we now can ride down the road without the fear of the refrigerator shutting off!
Do you think you have heard "the rest of the story"? Well you haven't. But you will have to "wait on it,.. wait on it"! :-)
This balloonist was near the Denver mountains at 6:45 -7:oo am! This was on I-470 going west. Wonder what time he/she got up this morning?
Thisis a road scene on I-470 on the western side of Denver. On the eastern side it is a toll road! Later on, before we exited, we saw an accident which slowed traffic down on our side of the highway.
Here is a Colorado barn seen just off I-470 on the West, near Quincy Avenue.
Another beautiful road scene near Denver on I-470 near Route 285
This is an interesting old Colorado house on I-470 near mile 237
We have now fixed our refrigerator, have circled Denver, and caught up with I-25 North to head for Wyoming and I-80 West to SLC. By the way, thanks to a reminder from a missionary friend Harold Collier, we took a short cut from Fort Collins over to Laramie, Wyoming & I-80. It is Route 287 and is very scenic. However, I drove it so there are no photos. :-(
This is the first view of snow-capped Rocky Mountains as we head west on I-80 out of Laramie near mile 303.
Here is a Wyoming Ranch on I-80 near mile 303. What a view they have!
Here is another Wyoming Ranch on I-80 West near mile 294.
We saw all kinds of snow fencing from these old fashioned wooden ones to those of rows of shrubbery and evergreen trees. Maybe in Wyoming they do not get enough rain to support a living fence.
Here are rock buttes on I-80 West near Rock Springs, Wyoming.
We are getting close to Flaming Gorge, exit 91 on I-80 West. This is an area I want to be able to return to to explore!
Now we get to go through some tunnels in the mountain near the Flaming Gorge Area.
This shows some mountains that have been eroded.
Mile 61 on I-80 West shows these interesting double pyramid-like mountains.
Now we are in Utah entering a beautiful gorge area on I-80 West near Echo, Utah & I-84 which goes Northwest to Ogden, near mile 169.
This photo shows more of the gorge area mentioned in the previous photo.
This is an Utah reservoir lake near Coalville on I-80, near Mile 162
This is an old Utah barn just south of Coalville. See the cows heading into the barn area?
This River Run Ranch has Llamas, near mile 155 on I-80
Here I-80 West and Eastbound splits, going through a canyon.
This barn is near Parley's Summit at 7120 feet before descending into Salt Lake City. The next photo gives the warning for truck drivers about Parley's Canyon and the steep turns. I was glad that Jim drove this part of the trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment